Things to do in Indianapolis before and after MWTG
In addition to being home to the NCAA, is also home to The Indianapolis Zoo and the White River Botanical Gardens (including the unique ability on Friday July 28th to choose between two Zoo special events like:
- Spend The Night at the Zoo and participate in a variety of different activities specifically designed for families, including a craft, gas, animal stories, a special after-hours Zoo tour and catered breakfast
- or check out the Butterfly Kaleidoscope that lets you Immerse yourself in the beauty of butterflies in the three-acre Hilbert Conservatory that’s been transformed into a tropical paradise to bring you over 40 species of butterflies in a way that you've never experienced them before.
The park is also home to two museums and an Imax Theater, plus Victory Field which is home to The Indianapolis Indians… the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliated with the Pittsburgh Pirates. And yes there is a game both the evening of Friday July 28th and the afternoon of Sunday July 30th.
The park comes alive with the summer lawn concerts at Farm Bureau Insurance Lawn at White River State Park (the Goo Goo Dolls: Long Way Home Summer Tour with Phillip Phillips is Tuesday July 25th)
If you just want to relax and take a walk or get in your weekly or daily run check out the Canal Walk. This is part of the Indiana Central Canal, which was refurbished (stretching north through White River State Park to 11th Street) and serves the downtown community as a waterside promenade for walkers, runners, bikers and sightseers (while the canal itself includes a steady stream of pedal boats, which may be rented west of the Indiana State Museum).
Other THINGS GOING ON that week
- On Wednesday July 26th in the afternoon a 10 minute walk gives you the chance to TOUR ONE OF AMERICA’S PREMIER SPORTS PALACES… Lucas Oil Stadium Home to the Colts.
- On Friday July 28th a 10 minute walk gives you the chance to do Food Truck Friday. This is Lunch on Georgia Street’s three-block street and walkway that was part of Indy’s Super Bowl Village that connects the Indiana Convention Center, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Circle Centre, a collection of restaurants, residences and hotels.
- On Friday July 28th a 10 minute walk, in the early evening, gives you the chance to see the Indiana Fever WNBA Basketball team play the New York Liberty team at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
- On Friday July 28th a 10 minute drive or Uber ride away, gives you the chance to see 2CELLOS in concert at the Old National Centre
- Plus the largest children’s museum in the world is only a 10 minute drive or Uber ride away.
To check out even more options start here